Thursday, October 05, 2006

The 2006-2007 NHL season started tonite



The season started with two great overtime games on VERSUS (formerly OLN).
In the first game the Buffalo Sabres (I'm really liking their new logo as seen above) went the distance and more with the defending champion Carolina Hurricanes tied at 2-2 after regulation and eventually winning in a shoot-out

Personally my favorite part of the game.
1-on-1...the shooter v the goalie.

The shoot-out's actually what got me interested in hockey.
There was a shoot-out in the 1994 olympics and I've been a hockey fan ever since

In the second game the Dallas Stars beat the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 in OT.

I'm doing fantasy hockey for the first time this year which should be pretty exciting.

Here's my lineup:
Drury, Chris C BUF
Lindros, Eric C DAL
Sakic, Joe C COL
Iginla, Jarome RW CGY
Nash, Rick LW CLB
Zherdev, Nikolai RW CLB
Staios, Steve D EDM
Foote, Adam D CLB
Niedermayer, Scott D ANA
Spacek, Jaroslav D BUF
Kiprusoff, Miikka G CGY
Leclaire, Pascal G CLB
Bondra, Peter RW ATL
Vyborny, David RW CLB
Regehr, Robyn D CAL
Cloutier, Dan G LA


And last but not least, now that we finally have a hockey team in Ohio (Columbus Bluejackets since 2000) I'm routing for them.
Hopefully they'll have a chance at making the playoffs this year.

ITS JACKETS TIME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home