Monday, September 04, 2006

Ergo Proxy - Coming to DVD in the US in Nov 2006


Ergo Proxy is just about my favorite anime series of the spring/summer 2006 season.
The whole series has been televised in japan & 18 episodes have been fan-subbed at the time that I'm writing this.
I've seen all 18 of those and have been amazed.
The series is set in a future in a domed city called Romdeau where everyone has the their own robots called Auto-Raves.
It follows a young policewoman called Real Mayer & a government worker Vincent Law as well as a few other main chracters.
In the first few episodes you find out about a monster called a Proxy that has escaped from a research facility.
Real is sent to find it, later that day it terrorizes her in her home whiles she's in her underwear.
I'm not gonna give too much away but if you like sci-fi like Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex then you'll definitely like this.
Its also produced by the same animation studio that did Samurai Champloo so it looks amazing.
You can find outr who has fan-subbed this series and just about everything else at www.anidb.net.
If you're not interested in fan-sub then dont worry because the series has been licensed and volume one will be available in the USA in November 2006.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this show. I've been a fan since day one, because I live good scifi anime. But if there's one thing that irks me about it, it's Vincent's servile attitude. I've seen enough anime to know that this isn't really uncommon. That sort of behavior is something that's been used time and again. But I just can't stand how he acts.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home